Hey guys, So if you’re a writer you’re probably familiar with the feeling of writer’s block where you can’t figure out what to write about. Well here’s some prompts to get you back on your feet.
1. What is the least convenient personal habit for a detective? Write about that detective.
2. Imagine you can travel back in time to give yourself one piece of advice. What would it be?
3. There are three of you: a good one, a balanced one and an evil one. How do the three of you interact?
4. You pick up somebody else’s coat accidentally. Something in the pocket makes you suspect the owner of a crime.
5. You find a baby kangaroo by the side of the road. How did it get there?
6. Look at the last message you sent. What would have happened if you’d accidentally sent it to the second-to-last person in your message history?
7. Imagine you’re been jailed for a crime you didn’t do. Write a letter to your best friend.
8. Next time you have a dream, write it down. Write a story continuing the dream.
9. What if your favourite pet could understand every word you say?
10. Think of a nursery rhyme. What if it was set in modern day New York?
11. Take your neighborhood in 45 years’ time. Write an opening describing your street.
12. You find a letter from your grandmother that was never sent. Why not?
13. You wake up in the wrong body. What’s the first thing you do?
14. Imagine you could do the last week again. What would you do differently?
15. Think of a villain from history. Imagine you’re trapped in a lift together.
16. Which two of your friends get on the least well? What if they were the only ones who could prevent a war and they had to work together?
17. Imagine that the earth has been destroyed and your family are one of the first to settle on a new planet. What do you do for a job?
18. What would happen if your younger self met your current self?
19. Think of a child in your life. Write a page designed to make him/her fall on the floor with laughter.
20. Imagine you’re a criminal. Write a letter to your partner asking for forgiveness.
21. Think about your most offbeat friend. What if he/she had to run the country?
22. You’re heading up an evil crime organization. What do you call yourself and why?
I hope you liked this post and if you liked it don’t forget to like, comment and share.