For my school, my group (Cynthia and Joshua) and I did some research on Taipei, Taiwan’s Capital, So I decided to share some information with you guys so that maybe you could visit it this summer. Enjoy
Taiwan is a small Island, near China. It is tiny and can’t always find it on the map. China is west of Taiwan. Japan and Korea are north of Taiwan. Since Taiwan is a small island, it doesn’t have many neighbours, and it’s in the Pacific ocean. Taiwan is a basin-shaped area, so when it rains, the basin-shaped city catches all the rain, which means lots of water for vegetation. This is why Taiwan has lots of varieties of fruits and vegetables. Taiwan is an island in the subtropics area, and there are many tall mountains and volcanoes in Taiwan. Because of the mountains, farmers can grow many kinds of different fruit and vegetation in various topographies; because of the volcanoes. Taiwan has many hot springs because the water is heated geothermally (relating to or produced by the internal heat of the earth.), that is, with heat generated from the Earth’s mantle. Taiwan is also an island, so it means ocean and water surrounding it. Because of that, Taiwan has many beaches for tourists to enjoy, and extreme water sports to attract tourists and for tourists to enjoy. Because of Taiwan’s dramatic topography, the country’s climate varies considerably from one part of the island to another. In most places, typical daytime temperatures are 20 to 25 degrees Celsius, and slightly cooler at night. In Summer it’s mostly hot, but it also gets wet. The rain sends an invitation for water sports, for example, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, jet skiing and many more.
- Taiwan high-speed rail (THSR): on the west side of the island.
- Taipei to gao shiung. Full route takes about 4h.
- Business and standard class; Business is 50% more expensive.
- They are the cheapest transportation service. Run 24h.
- All over Taiwan.
- Variety of buses, they are all different depending on the city.
- It has free usage for the first 30 minutes of rental, NT$10 per 30 minutes of usage. Accessible to everyone.
- Taipei has delicious and unique food that everyone enjoys when he or she visit Taiwan, and Taiwan’s fruits during summer are the sweetest, juiciest and ripest than it will ever be for the rest of the year. The variety of foods and fruits are also impeccable compared to other countries.
- Taipei has a very well constructed infrastructure, the routes and buildings are well built. Since the city’s not that big, it is easy to go from one place to another. The city is full of breathtaking views and incredible skyscrapers.
- Taipei has many monuments, museums, and buildings that are worthwhile. Taipei also has the infamous Taipei 101 that is definitely worth your time, and as well as the rich history and culture of the country. The history of how we got our independence, what wars we were involved in, and how this country came to be, are all meaningful and worth your time.
- Located in Taoyuan, dayuan district
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport won the world’s third best airport serving with over 40 million passengers per year in ACI Airport Service Quality Awards. Link to advanced tourism.
- With the Taiwan high-speed rail (THSR) it is possible to get to the airport quickly.
People in Taipei, Taiwan will willingly speak English to Help tourists. Even though almost everyone speaks, Chinese many people do speak English too.
I hope this post helps you know that Taiwan is a country worthy of being visited. Have a good day.