Is your reading bad? Then don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Books play an important role in our life. It is said that books are our best colleagues. Books are our Friends in a genuine sense. They don’t request anything from us. They give us a lot of satisfaction. We additionally take in a great deal from them. They take us into an alternate universe of creative energy. By understanding, you are presented with such a significant number of great things. This helps your creative ability with regards to making and considering. By understanding, you are painting those photos of the story in your brain. Books can take you anyplace you need to go. Perusing takes you to places you’ve never been, you encounter new things and meet new individuals. Studies demonstrate that perusing for joy has a major effect on kids’ instructive execution. Similarly, Studies recommend that youngsters who read for enjoyment every day not only perform better in reading tests than those who do not, but they also develop a comprehensive vocabulary, expanded general learning and a superior comprehension of different societies.Here are 8 ways to improve your reading:
- Read daily: Read daily, around 20 to 30 minutes a day or maybe more. Study’s say reading daily not only improves your reading but it also increases your vocabulary, studies also say that people who read daily have an advanced vocabulary than people who don’t read.Regardless the extent to which anxiety you need during work, for your individual relationships, alternately incalculable other issues confronted done everyday life, it every last bit Exactly slips out The point when you lose yourself in an incredible story. A well-written novel could transport you on other realms, the same time a taking part article will divert you and keep you in the exhibit moment, letterset printing tensions channel far Also permitting you to unwind. (Winter-Hébert, n.d.)
- Lookup words : While reading if you come across words that are difficult to understand, write them down and look them up later, this way you’ll understand the text better, learn new vocabs, and how to use that word, If you look up words you don’t know, you can find the best way to use it and the correct way to use it too. The advantage of looking up words in a dictionary is pronunciation. Furthermore, we can also listen to the pronunciation of the words. Through the help of a dictionary, you might look at a word’s straight expression. To that, it will assist you to get those correct pronunciation for \expressions. (iamawriter0827.wordpress.com, 2010)
- Know what you are reading: Knowing what you are reading is important as it affects whether you are going to read or not, for example, if you like to read fantasy but you read a nonfiction, you are not going to like that book and you are going to end up not reading at all.
- Research: Researching is important as it affects the way you think about the book, if you research about the book you are going to read, it will help you find books you like and it will also give you a faint idea about what the book is about and you will be able to enjoy it more, Research will also help you understand things you don’t understand in book.
- Keep track of your reading: If you keep track of your reading, you will be able to improve much faster as you will know what skills you should develop and which skills are at the best level, If you keep track you will know if you are a good reader or not. You can use an app and websites to keep track, for example, Reader Tracker an app on iPhone which is easy to use and you will be able to track your reading, you can use Goodreads to have a goal for you or you can use spreadsheets found online
- Have a goal: Have a goal to read 3 or 5 books in a month or more, that way you will be able to be a fast reader and you will know how many more books you have to read, you can use apps or websites to keep track of your reading. You can use Goodreads goal (website down below) https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/show/5493-2017-reading-challenge
- Set a timer: If you want to be a fast reader, choose a text or a book to read and set a timer and then set to read and keep track of your reading time and you will be able to know how fast you read or how slow you read.
- Have a book list: In which you keep track of how many books you read and how long it took you to read it, that way you are going to have a lot of help in reading, you can use something like this.
Image cited : [image] Available at: https://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/books-to-read-this-year/ [Accessed 18 Nov. 2017]
- Winter-Hébert, L. (n.d.). 10 Benefits of Reading: Why You Should Read Every Day. [online] Lifehack. Available at: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-reading-why-you-should-read-everyday.html [Accessed 18 Nov. 2017].
- iamawriter0827.wordpress.com. (2010). The Importance of Using a Dictionary. [online] Available at: xhttps://iamawriter0827.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/the-importance-of-using-a-dictionary/ [Accessed 18 Nov. 2017].